Monday, February 7, 2011

Green pics

Below are some of the pictures, I shot while while trekking across the Maharashtra Nature Park in Dharavi, Mumbai (Bombay). This park is spread over 37 acres of land. This parkland is still one of the unknown/not so famous places to visit in Mumbai. The reason this place is so isolated and unknown is that it used to be a dumping ground. Now after two decades of work by the MMRDA and WWF India the park with about 10,000 trees, walkaways and greenery is gradually taking shape.
















The rest of the pictures I shot are from my building compound. The following two pictures are of the Awla tree. Awla is an amazingly sour fruit. As kids we used to dip them in salt and eat it. When I think of this, it still makes my mouth water. I thought I'll put up this picture for my sister. I don't think there are any Awla trees in US. I am sure it will make her salivate and bring back our childhood memories.






No comments:

Post a Comment